Chicken & Rocket fettucine

This has to be one of the best home-made pasta that i've ever made!! I've always used simple ingredients including off-the-shelf tomato pasta sauce for nearly all the fettucine/spaghetti i've made in the past and I have to admit i'm getting bored of the taste. So I decided to give this recipe a go. This recipe was taken from the September'09 edition of recipes+ that my housemate bought and it was actually taken from the "Ready steady cook" cooking game show on channel 10. I haven't been following the show on tv but I really recommend buying the recipes+ magazine (it costs only AU$3.30!) and it's full of recipes that is beginner and wallet-friendly!!


It was originally "Turkey & Rocket Fettucine" but I substituted turkey with chicken because turkey's more expensive & I might overcook the turkey strips. It turned out really good nevertheless and my housemate even wanted to try cooking it in the future!!


The photo didn't do the fettucine much justice =P It tasted so much better than it looks.
Below is the recipe for Ms.paperplanes who plans to make it for her sweetheart when he comes back to Sydney and those of you who wanted to try the-best-home-made-fettucine-that-you'll-ever-taste lol~ :

Turkey & Rocket Fettucine

+ Top tip
Don't overcook turkey strips, as they have very little fat and can dry out quickly. + If stir-fry strips are unavailable, use thinly sliced chicken breast fillets.

Serves 4
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking: 15 minutes

375g fettucine
1 tablespoon olive oil
500g turkey stir-fry strips
1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
150g tub rocket pesto
1 cup cream
1/3 cup torn basil leaves, plus extra leaves, to garnish
Shaved parmesan, to serve


1. Cook pasta in plenty of boiling salted water for 10 - 12 minutes or until tender but firm to the bite. Drain; return to pan.

2. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large frying pan over moderate heat. Cook turkey, in batches, for 1 - 2minutes or until seared. Transfer to a heatproof bowl. Add onion and garlic to pan; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until onion softens.

3. Return all turkey to pan with pesto and cream. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer; stirring occasionally, for 2 - 3 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly.

4. Add turkey mixture and torn basil to pasta; toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon into bowls. Serve at once, topped with parmesan and garnished with extra basil.

Apart from the meat substitution, I also left out the basil leaves since i'm not really a big fan of it...which is probably why the photo of my fettucine doesn't look that mouth-watering. Hehe.... And being a beginner in the kitchen, I couldn't figure out what rocket pesto looked like. I only came across this Rocket pesto on my 2nd grocery-shopping-trip:


Good luck to all of you pasta-lovers!!! You won't be disappointed~!!

3 comments:

annemichelle said...

change template again?
oh btw, *drools* :P~ hehehe

annemichelle said...

my sweetheart??
hihihi
that is so cringe-worthy! hahaha
~i miss W~
hihihi

ufobaby said...

Hehe yeah i'm still looking for other xml templates out there. I'm starting to love the gadgets lol~

Post a Comment